COVID-19 Speaker Updates
Updated on June 23, 2021
Dear DGIQ 2021 Speakers,
Thank you for your interest in joining us at the 2021 Data Governance & Information Quality Conference in San Diego this December. As of June 15, 2021, the State of California has lifted almost all significant COVID restrictions on group meetings, including social distancing and indoor capacity limits, so if conditions continue to improve, then we should be able to conduct the DGIQ Conference without any restrictions. We are mindful, however, that from the start of the COVID pandemic, the threats have cycled up and down, and if new data or outbreaks bring about restrictions in the future, then we will need to abide by those. We will communicate any such changes to you as soon as possible and will continue to work side by side with the exceptional staff at the Catamaran Resort to ensure we can provide all attendees a safe and enjoyable experience.
The likely COVID restrictions that could still impact all event participants include:
- Face coverings during indoor and/or outdoor gatherings
- Proof of vaccination or evidence of a negative COVID test within 72 hours prior to arrival at the conference
- Rapid COVID test upon arrival
- Social distancing and/or room capacity limits
- Liability waivers
If things change again that cause us to reevaluate the event format:
- We will follow up with you to outline further details as needed
- You should remain open to making your presentation as part of a possible DGIQ online program
- Please be ready to cancel your flight and hotel reservations quickly in order to avoid any potential issues or additional fees
Meanwhile, the DATAVERSITY team will be forging ahead with our preparations for an in-person DGIQ Conference on December 6-10, and we will hope to see you all there.
Thanks very much,